Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Our 4th of July!!!

It's just past midnight, the entire house is silent and I really should be in bed getting rested for a full day of mommy & me, water play at the Memorial Park wading pool, and an afternoon of chores, but instead I'm eating chocolate chip ice-cream and editing! Which I am totally fine with because I really really love being a photographer- not just for others but for my family. And since it is already the tenth of July and I have no good reason why I haven't blogged about the 4th (besides that fact that I am raising three girls ages 4 and under!) I have decided now is the time!

We really had a great holiday- a little crazy- but genuinely fulfilling to watch my little girls amazement with the day's festivities. We started the day with pancakes at home, then swimming and lunch at my in-law's house in Chino.












We unrealistically hoped to squeeze a nap in there somewhere, but it didn't quite happen:(  No worse for wear, we left Chino and make it back to Claremont in just enough time to watch the parade! My favorite part of the day. The girls loved it! I mean, who doesn't love a parade?










We packed up and headed home to meet up with my little brother Matt and his girlfriend Laarni. Being that I love to cook, I planned to make them stuffed mushrooms, artichoke dip, eggplant spread, and cowboy cookies. Yeah right! With just an hour to spare before the gates opened at the colleges for fireworks, we opted for some Z Pizza instead:) This way we had plenty of time to relax, listen to the band, and watch the girls dance while we waited for the sun to set.






 Gotta love her!



 Evidence that I was in fact there!




   And the day ended with fireworks, two out of three girls asleep in our arms, and the memory of another 4th of July. I am really trying to take everything in and enjoy this time, as I come to realize swimming, parades, and fireworks will not always be this exciting. These days are limited...so I plan to take lots of perfectly imperfect pictures and cherish these busy, crazy, fun memories with my sweet family. I hope everyone had a spectacular fourth!
xoxo, Steph

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
sredcher@yahoo.com | (909)938-4575
Claremont, La Verne, Upland, San Dimas, Rancho Cucuamonga, Ca Newborn, Baby, Children, Maternity, Family Photographer
© Shots by Steph